Wednesday, January 25, 2017

5 Min DIY -- Chinese Name Bookmark


It is going to be Chinese New Year in three days. My elder daughter is gonna be joining a Chinese New Year parade at her preschool this Friday. I think it will be fun to make these Chinese Name Bookmarks for her friends and teachers at school.

An amazing mom had this great idea and posted on her blog here. She had these bookmarks as party flavors for the kids at school. I simplified the ribbon bow and added rooster image and year to the back of the bookmark.

For this straightforward project, you'll need
template, CLICK ME or you can create your own template
gold permanent marker, I use Sharpie metallic gold, from Target
red construction paper, from Dollar Tree, $0.69
ribbon, from Walmart
ruler, pencil, scissors, hole puncher




I google the rooster image and picked a rather simple one. I'm making more than 10 of these bookmarks and not gonna try to make my life hard. This is the image I used,


TIPS:
STORE YOUR SHARPIE TIP DOWN!!! I guess the gold pigment powder needs to sink to the bottom to show the shining gold color you want. 

Give it a try and let me know what your Chinese names are.




No comments:

Post a Comment