Sunday, February 26, 2017

Pinterest: Win or Fail - All about Paint!

A few year back, I found out that Internet is a great place to find DIY inspirations. I started saving images all from blog posts in my laptop which got pretty overwhelming pretty soon. Soooooo many images, so many ideas! When I needed to find something I needed to browse through the icons (tiny picture) of all the images I saved in different sub-folders. 

Until one day, I found PINTEREST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I don't know how I can live without Pinterest. When I have a couple of minutes waiting for something or I can't fall asleep at night, I open my Pinterest app, check the new pins in the boards I am following, the DIY and craft board and the kids and parenting boards and I pin, pin and pin. Hey, Pinterest changed me into a PATIENT person. I don't mind waiting anymore.   

Collecting ideas through Pinterest becomes so easy. However, I find myself not trying anything I pinned. 

Today, I gathered three kids DIY from Pinterest I wanna try. They are all about paint. Win or Fail? Let's find out.



First, DIY BATH PAINT with three ingredients you already have at home.--totally a WIN!

original post is from Modernly Mogan in her DIY Bath Paint post.
I used 1 cup of shampoo, 1 cup of cornstarch and maybe 1 tbsp of water.
TIPS:
1. scale it down to your needs. I have two girls and a big boy (my hubby) at home so I made a big batch.
2. slowly poor shampoo into cornstarch
3. Have fun!

Second, DIY non-slip socks with PUFF PAINT--IT WORKS!
original post is from I AM Momma-Hear Me Roar in her Handmade Gripper Socks post.
TIPS:
1. Choose easier pattern to draw.
2. If you have a different brand of puff paint, give it a try and let me know. I just couldn't write smoothly with the brand I used.

Third, NEVER BUY PAINT FOR KIDS--FAIL
This image pretty much says it all. I just couldn't use it to paint.
I tried to dissolve the salt in water first. Too much salt for the water, even warm water can't take that much salt.
I can't locate the original post. It seems to be from Reddit. When I googled "Never Buy Paint", all the images are the image I found in Pinterest which didn't help.

Well, do you have a Pinterest account and collect ideas about DIY, kids stuff? I'd like to share link with you.
Hope this post motivates you to try some pins. 
Have a lovely week!






No comments:

Post a Comment